Home

Friday, December 29, 2017

New Year, Same Me (New Goals, Though)

I hope that all of you had a very, merry Christmas! And, perhaps more importantly, I hope that everyone enjoyed Star Wars: The Last Jedi just as much as I did.

With the approaching New Year, I realized that the proximity of my birthday to when the calendar turns over is helpful. I get the urge to make changes and set goals from both turning a year older and saying goodbye to the past year.

Sure, I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I do like to make goals. However, I typically make goals and then keep them to myself, which makes it quite easy to stop when things get hard. This is 100% why I decided to share my goals for 29. Not sure what my 2018 goals will be, but they'll likely be ones that will support my current list.

I'll be doing an easy push towards working on these goals until we're settled in our new home. Right now we're in TLF (temporary lodging facilities) after moving out of our rental house. In less than 2 weeks we'll sign for our house (who knew there were so many, many steps to purchasing a home?), and I've promised my husband that I'll let him watch TV as loud as he freaking wants for a solid week after we move in.

Yes, I am the annoying person with the remote in hand for entire movies, constantly turning it down while hissing, "We have neighbors!" Also, you're welcome to our neighbors who never had to hear our TV while I was home. I was not in control of what happened when I was not there.

And if you're wondering, we're getting on just fine in TLF:


They crawled in there themselves and neither is locked.
Don't call CPS on me.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I liked The Last Jedi very much, and I don't really understand the negativity it's getting.

    I make goals around my birthday too, although my New Year's Resolution is to learn the rules of rugby - I hate anything that starts "I'm going to stop...", "I want to lose...", "I'm going to give up..." Life's far too short for that.

    In fact, some of my past resolutions have become part of my life.

    I hope your move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new home!
    Here's to a GREAT 2018!!! Wishing you so much and more!
    Love the photo! LOL!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear caitlin!

    either i don't make new year resolutions though take each moment as a luxury provided by Creator and try to do my best to make it easy and pleasant for me ,my loved ones and surroundings:)

    i am not familiar with such facility you mentioned as tlf may be we don't have here such i guess .

    Yet i am hopping that you are finding your stay at this place adventurous and comfortable .
    i know house buying is time and energy consuming process but i am glad that you are almost there my friend!


    my younger son is likes to hear t.v loud when it is his time to watch and i bought him headphone for this lol

    wishing you and you lovely family a new happy ,healthy and prosperous year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To keep your teeth white, make regular appointments with your dentist and keep them. A cleaning every six months will remove plaque and tarter, which can stain teeth. Cavities that get out of control might also affect the color of your teeth. Keep that smile gleaming white by getting regular help from your dentist. Satta King Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete