Home

Monday, January 9, 2017

I Bit the Bullet (Journal)

To say that notebooks are my thing would be like saying that dogs have a mild affinity for bouncing tennis balls. I buy notebooks like I buy books: ravenously and in quantities that border on wholesale. Let’s all take a moment to appreciate used book stores and the library.

When I first saw bullet journals popping up on Pinterest I ignored them because I already journal, make daily to-do lists, track my runs with an app, and use Goodreads for books that I’m reading. Adding something else in just didn’t make sense, especially since I’m not a particularly artistic person.


Eventually I gave in to Pinterest peer pressure (but I won’t be handcrafting birthday goodie bags, dammit). I'm not doing it strictly by the books (ba dum tss) or using any type of specially-designed notebook, because if I'm going to stick with something, it needs to be on my own terms.

I'm using it to make my daily to-do list which actively replaces what I was using before, but otherwise the bullet journal is in addition to everything else. Because I’m a person who likes lists. They make my life feel tidy and organized even when it’s anything but.

Read #3 was awful. Just awful.

I'm only a few days into the bullet journal, but I'm liking it so far. It combines: 
  • my love of lists
  • bright pens
  • keeping track of the little things that happen throughout my day.
I still journal in my, well, journal, but I usually only sit down to do so at the end of the day, and the bullet journal is handy for jotting down a quick thought, story idea, or just something that happened that I'd like to remember.

Plus, I may not be creative, but come on this is kind of cute.




I hope that you all had a fantastic winter break and enjoyed your holidays. We spent our time being lazy, reading, and enjoying this bomb-ass fire pit that my parents got us for Christmas.


Have you started any new habits recently? Or do you journal regularly?

8 comments:

  1. I used to journal. Now I use my private family blog for that purpose. I love lists though. Maybe finding a notebook to keep all my lists in the same place isn't such a bad idea, plus, I get to buy a new notebook. Looks like a win/win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!!! I can't draw, so I avoid those types of journals. I did buy a passion planner, but it was just too much work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't kept a journal for years. But I've started to like to-do lists more and more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to get into journaling. I do write in a book, but not all the time. I have started new habits, but I lost them! LOL! I got to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always carry my journal around with me, just in case I come across a coffee shop where I can sit down and write. I love buying new notebooks too; even when I was a kid, I'd always to go to the office supplies section just so I could browse through the notebooks. I like the Moleskine journals best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been journaling since I was 9, and it's so much a part of me...but it's also time consuming. With all these kinds running around, I end up jotting my lists on scraps of paper, the back of envelopes, even on TP every now and then. (Because it's the only thing handy.) Whatever works, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to journal in my High School but for some reason I left it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plant trees around your home. The trees will help provide shading for you home and therefore will help keep your home cooler in the hot summer months. It will not require as much air conditioning to keep it at your desired temperature. Since trees lose leaves in the winter, they will still allow the sun to come in and help heat your home during the winter months.ganga bhakti

    ReplyDelete