Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Our Roots are Growing a Little Deeper

Earlier this year I announced that my husband had some pretty sweet PCS orders for overseas. Those orders were contingent upon our youngest being medically cleared, which we recently found out he wasn't. So we're going to chill in Georgia a while longer, but that's OK. Because if they say that they can't properly care for him, then that's not somewhere that I want to be.

But exciting things are still (hopefully) in my future because, guys, are you ready for this?

Seriously, I need you to be ready. Get a cup of coffee, go pee, do what you need to do.

I just queried.

For the very first time.

My husband told me that I just needed to breathe. I told him that he just...well, I didn't tell him anything. I was little preoccupied not breathing. I've only queried to two agents so far and I'm debating sending a query to the third on my list, but I'm just not sure.

How many agents have you queried at once?

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's a huge step.

    I haven't queried yet. You're way ahead of me. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so pleased that I've finally worked to this point in my life.

      Delete
  2. Exciting times! I hope something good comes out of one (or more) of those queries. I would go for the third because it can't hurt to have a wide net.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. I've been dragging my feet but will be submitting to a third.

      Delete
  3. Yaaaaay for querying! Congrats! I haven't queried yet, so I can't help you. But I think the recommended number is like 5 agents. Don't quote me on that. . . unless it helps. ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know why but 5 seems super overwhelming, haha. I think I'll stick to 3 for the time being, but I'm sure that in time I'll become a serial querier.

      Delete
  4. Yay and congrats! I generally only queried two or three at a time because I'm in the not breathing group. It will get easier. Sort of. Huge, wonderful step in a good direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that I'm not the only who experiences a sudden lack of breath after submitting a query. Thank you, I hope that it will become easier with time.

      Delete
  5. I hope your youngest gets cleared soon. It is fun to travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) However, my youngest has a lifelong chronic disease that puts him at EFMP status which will make traveling overseas very difficult. We hope that maybe several years in the future we might be able to travel outside of the US.

      Delete
  6. Yay! Congrats on querying and your attitude to not being able to move. It sucks, but you've got the right thought process about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) After all we've been through with him I definitely don't want to move somewhere without knowledgeable doctors.

      Delete