Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Cheap Books, Busy Times

I need to be more well-organized in pretty much every aspect of my life. I like to think of myself as one of those carefully organized people with grocery lists and check lists and to-do lists coming out of my ears, but the truth is half the time my grocery list app won't even load on my phone. At that point all I can do is grab something to drink from Starbucks and wander around Kroger with an empty buggy.

Reading is slow right now.

Writing is slow.

My kitchen's a mess.

I'm totally jealous of the lovely Misha Gericke's spreadsheet. I mean come on, look at all of those colors. Those are the colors of a well-organized life. That's it, I'm getting a spreadsheet.

It's just one of those times where everything is busier than normal, and I'm still trying to lace up my shoes so that I can head out the door.

But on the bright side, I did snag all of these books for $14. So there's that.



So come on, you guys. Throw your best time management tips at me.


7 comments:

  1. I wish I had some tips. I never seem to get anything done, which is kind of freaking me out right now because the baby is due next month. I'll be watching this post to see what others say. I need help, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, has it already been that long? Wow, can't believe that you're already so close to your due date!

      Delete
  2. You were at the Macon book sale, weren't you! If it's one of those busy times then time management might not be able to help. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I was! Confession, those were the books from my second trip on Sunday! I also took the kids on Friday, but forgot the stroller for my youngest so it didn't last quite as long, but I snagged a few kids books.

      That's a good point, though. May just have to ride this one out.

      Delete
  3. Nice find. Books are so expensive so getting all of that for a great price is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Snagged them from our local Friends of the Library sale.

      Delete
  4. I've got spreadsheet envy. Seriously. What actually works for me is a I bribe myself. I will spend 1 hour cleaning up and then allow myself an hour to read. Then I spend another hour doing something else that needs doing so that I can spend an hour writing. On bad days, I have to break it down to fifteen minute intervals and use an egg timer. I tend to get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of what I need to do when things get crazy, so I break it out into smaller assignments. Nice box of books!

    ReplyDelete